Contributor
Mech.Mon
Message 1 of 6 (226 Views)
Accepted Solution

IPart suppressed sweep 3D sketch failure

226 Views, 5 Replies
08-10-2012 03:11 PM

Hello,

I have an Ipart I created and in some of the parts there is a swept feature. In other configurations it is suppressed.

The issue is that the 3D sketch for the sweep gets broken going to/from the configuration. The path is generated from an extruded cut that is also supressed.

I tried to recreate the sweep using a different sketch, but that wasn't successfull.

Is this a bug or is there a different aproach I can use?

Employee
NicolasXu
Message 2 of 6 (199 Views)

Re: IPart suppressed sweep 3D sketch failure

08-13-2012 01:48 AM in reply to: Mech.Mon

Hi Mech.Mon,

It sounds you need the 3D sketch available after some other features (extruded cut, sweep) suppressed?

I’m thinking it depends on how the sketch was generated. Without looking into the model, it’s hard to say where the problem is. Could you post the dataset or more information that may help me reproduce this problem here? You can also send it to me via email (lixiongDOTxuATautodeskDOTcom)

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Employee
NicolasXu
Message 3 of 6 (179 Views)

08-14-2012 01:08 AM in reply to: NicolasXu
Hi Mech.Mon, I received the dataset and replied email to you. Please let me know if any further questions. Thanks, Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
Mech.Mon
Message 4 of 6 (168 Views)

08-14-2012 06:02 AM in reply to: NicolasXu

Thanks Nicholas,

I did a similar trick, but I must have missed a constraint becaus my projected sketch went haywire. So After I get a chance to to figure out where I went wrong, I'll do a write up later today, and post it here for posterity.

Regards,

Mon

Contributor
Mech.Mon
Message 5 of 6 (162 Views)

08-14-2012 12:15 PM in reply to: Mech.Mon

Nicolas,

I found my error, when I was selecting the path I had selected an edge, not the curve.

This demo shows a simplified version of what the solution is:

#1 when selecting a path for a sweep that will be suppressed use a curve instead of an edge.

#2 Make sure the sketch of the curve is visible before begining.

Regards,

Mon

Employee
NicolasXu
Message 6 of 6 (148 Views)

08-15-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: Mech.Mon

Hi Mon,

Glad to see you have figured it out. It's a little tricky as the edge is easier to be selected than the curve.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube