Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

IPN = Headache

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
EbbeFN
945 Views, 8 Replies

IPN = Headache

Hi everyone

I am making a lot of exploded views using ipn (Inventor 2012) - and to save time and money makes copies of the iam+ipn when making new models - now i wonder if anything around ipn has changed in inventor 2013 ??

If not - WHEN will Autodesk make the necessary repairs in the IPNs ????

The problems have been there for as long as I can remember - (since end of last century :-)) - and I often see posts on the issue.

PLEASE AUTODESK - MAKE THE NECESSARY REPAIRS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vh EFN  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
-niels-
in reply to: EbbeFN

No changes in 2013...

I'm not keeping my hope up for seeing any changes to the presentation environment, but can only agree with you:

PLEASE AUTODESK - MAKE THE NECESSARY REPAIRS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: -niels-

Have you posted anywhere for Autodesk to see, what you feel are the problems with this feature?  I agree there's room for improvement with it, but yelling at Autodesk to fix it.... without telling them what you think is wrong, won't get much done.

I suggest going to the Inventor Idea Station forum (on this site) and post a thread with specific ideas on what you would like to see done with the IPN feature.  Then other users can comment, or add thoughts of their own, and Kudo the ideas.  if it gets enough kudos, Autodesk will take it more seriously.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 9
EbbeFN
in reply to: cbenner

Have posted my problems earlier + sent mails with an example attached + read of others posts on the same problems.

I see no need for adding new features - just repairing the already known issues around updating correct to show the changes in the assembly.

I never saw the idea staion forum as a place to report bugs ? - but maybe I should give it a try.

Vh EFN

Message 5 of 9
blair

It's far better than posting/venting here

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Message 6 of 9
skyngu

i see autodesk trying to fade out ipn and give inventor publisher instead. that is the way i look at it.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 7 of 9
blair

I would like to think so, but Publisher was released back in 2011 and hasn't made it into IV yet. I did have some conversation/lunch with the Sr Product Manager for Design, Simulation and Digital Design and expressed the same view that it would be nice to see Publisher shipped with the IV Design Suite rather than some of the other modules.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Message 8 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: skyngu

Inventor Publisher is very nice, and I'd like to have a copy.  But you can't make .idw drawings from Publisher.  We really need Publisher-like functionality in Inventor to create .ipns.

Message 9 of 9
gcross
in reply to: skyngu

There has to be an enormous amount of legasy IPN's & IDW views created from IPN files that would be reason enough to not use Publisher for that purpose. I know I would be extremly unhappy with IV if that happened. Imagine having to open another program to complete your IDW's - not a good workflow.

I have been reporting same old bugs with IPN's for years now hoping AD would finally give the IPN environment the attention it needs.

Small files are usually no problem but larger ones with lots of nested subs can have buggy IPN's.

I vote for Publisher to be added in to IV but it be used to create separate user manuals not necessarily exploed views in IDWS. We don't need animation, etc for IDW's.

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report