Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVENTOR 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
krys323
594 Views, 6 Replies

INVENTOR 2014

my company has recently installed Inventor 2014. We had 2013 for a while, before this.

We hare having problems with it crashing while saving big assemblies.

Is there anyone who has come accross this? If so how did you fix it?

Thank you,

Krys. Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kwilson_design
in reply to: krys323

How large of a data set are we talking about? We are about to migrate next month so I'm just curious. Sorry I'm of no help to your specific issues.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 3 of 7
krys323
in reply to: kwilson_design

oh no worries, Apperently i just got an update. We're migrating from 13 to 14 and it tends to crash while migrating.

we have assemblys that are between 25-100 parts and it tens to crash while migrating. Personally I don't see a big difference between the two. i'm also going to add that we use Solidworks Enterprise PDM. I feel that maybe part of the problem, but my boss says no. lol. I hope this helps. sorry...

Cris.

Message 4 of 7
LishuangLu

Hi Cris,
Are you using task scheduler to do the dataset migration? Have you sent any CER out for the crashes you met? Please let me know if you send out the CERs out and the email address you used for that.

Thanks for your support as usual!
-Lisa
Message 5 of 7
krys323

Hi Lisa,

My boss is the one having the issues. He opens a drawing that was created in 13 and I guess it needs to be migrated to 14. During that migration he crashes when he needs to save. I don't know if he is emailing the error reports. He wont answer my questions and he said he doesn't want help because he knows what he's doing.

He's still crashing and refuses our help. So i'm going to let it go. Thank you for trying to help. I appreciate it. 🙂

If I have problems I will post.

Thank you,

Cris.

Message 6 of 7
kwilson_design

Gotta love users like that. Smiley Sad

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 7 of 7
krys323
in reply to: kwilson_design

i know right! I will say that before i left my other job. They migrated all of drawings with very little problems.

a couple of drawings  the .STP files wouldn't migrate, but that was no big deal. We just replaced it in the assembly.

other than that. they had no problems.

My boss is still curing the program....lol...Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report