Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILogic Edit Rule Error !!Help!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jddickson
529 Views, 4 Replies

ILogic Edit Rule Error !!Help!!

I got this error popping up every time I open an iLogic edit rule and all my snippets are gone… I have no clue how this happened or how to fix it. Now it has started doing it on a different computer in our office. Can someone please help me fix this problem? The error dialog box is in the image below. Thank you for any help you might be able to give. 

Edit Rule.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi jddickson,

Is this Inventor 2013 running on Windows 7?

If so do you get the same thing if you close Inventor and then right-click on the Inventor icon and choose Run as Administrator?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5

Yes I am running Inventor 2013 on Windows 7 and choosing Run as Administrator did fix the problem. Thank you for all your help. Do you know why it’s doing that and how to fix it long term?

Thank you again for your help this gets me back on my feet.

Message 4 of 5
SteveGlover8744
in reply to: jddickson

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me tagging to this message string but I have the same problem and have done the "Run as Administrator" option but still get the same error message when entering the edit rule window.

I have to crash-out Inventor.

This is only on the one machine running Inventor 2013 & Win7. ( All up-to-date )

Many thanks in advance.

Steve.

edit-ilogic.png

Message 5 of 5
SteveGlover8744
in reply to: jddickson

Oh really sorry, there was a bit of a clue in the Error Message that the user.config file had becaome read-only or hidden.

Simply unhiding the file makes everything work OK.

Apologies for the extra messages but it might help someone some day.

Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report