Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW view showing wrong part

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
decastle
282 Views, 6 Replies

IDW view showing wrong part

An IDW view is showing a second iteration of a part instead of one of each.  I have tried turning the visibily on/off in the ipn. I have also toggled the associativity on/off.  The view shows the correct image during its preview, but when the view is done being created, it shows the wrong part again.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: decastle

Not nearly enough information.  State what Inventor version you are using, and post the files.  Then explain which component is displaying incorrectly and what you would expect to see instead.

Message 3 of 7
decastle
in reply to: SBix26

I am using Inventor 2012 professional.  Specifically, this assembly is essentially a sheet metal box.  The front and rear panels are sheet metal parts, the same size, with different punches and holes.  Each of these files are part of subassemblies.  In one view, instead of showing the front and rear panels in the correct position, the front panel is shown twice, once in its correct position, and once in place of the rear panel.  The rest of the assembly in this view is in the correct position, including the other components in the rear panel subassembly.  I'm sorry but I cannot post these files on the forum.  I can email them to you if you would like to see the problem more closely.

Dan

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

If you edit the view, ubder the model state tab is the correct member selected?

member.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
decastle
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have no options available on the Model State Tab.  This is a regular .IAM file, not a, iAssembly. 

Thanks

Dan

Message 6 of 7
SBix26

I'll be happy to take a look.  Send me a private message and we'll get hooked up by e-mail.

Message 7 of 7
rdyson

Do you have SP2 installed?

There was a problem with ipn's in the RTM of 2012

Don't know if it effects your specific problem but needs to be installed regardless

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums