Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW View Alignment Question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SteveFrey
610 Views, 5 Replies

IDW View Alignment Question

I occasionally come across two views in an IDW that I need to align (usually vertically) that were once aligned but now are not.  I RMB and select BREAK and try to align them once again but they jump back to the same position again.  Why is this happening?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: SteveFrey

not sure.. But I've never had to break first.. I just select align vertically and like magic they do..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto

Steve,

Did you create these drawing views?  I am just wondering if these views were brought in independantly of the mother view and were never associated.

Never mind, I just experiemented with the view.JPG command and I was still able to align the view to the mother view without having to break it first.

Any chance you can post the files?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6
SteveFrey
in reply to: Cadmanto

The file set is 21mb so I think its too big.  I think I might have created them independently of each other. How can I tell?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
Message 5 of 6
Cadmanto

Steve,

Look at the browser in the .idw.  If these views are linked (lower tier) to a parent view then they are linked.  If they show independant in the browser then they were created as such.

Hope that makes sense.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 6
conklinjm

If you highlight each view's boundary -- are they the same size?

What often happens (especially with section, cropped or break-out views) is that Inventor resizes the boundary around the view then centers the drawing details therein.  Alignment between these types of views can show such an offset.

Under your "Application Options > Drawing" tab, you can select whether or not the views are center justified or fixed -- this might prevent the offset you are observing.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report