Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW Text Regen issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JDGreen
149 Views, 6 Replies

IDW Text Regen issue

I have been having problems with text regeneration in INV 6, in both the title block as well as the bill of materials. Have others been having this issue or is this a case of replacing the video card. Panning a drawing across my screen is almost painful. Any thoughts??

JDGreen

Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
Pentium 3 933MHz
512MB RAM
Matrox Millenium G450 Dual Head - Driver version 5.84.23.0
Inventor 6 Service Pack 1
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MechMan_
in reply to: JDGreen

First of all, TRASH THE MATROX CARD!

To update the BOM, RMB on the BOM and select Update or double-click on the BOM and any yellow column means it needs updating. RMB on the column and choose update.

I haven't seen any trouble with my TB not updating. Can you be more specific as to what's not updating?

MechMan
Message 3 of 7
JDGreen

The text is all there. There is no issue with it disappearing. The issue come when wanting to pan a drawing or move the bill of materials, especially a very large BOM. When I run my cursor over the BOM, all the text turns from black to blue, but very slowly (kind of like typing on a typewriter, really). Once I move my cursor it starts from the beginning of the text and goes again.
Message 4 of 7
MechMan_

Sounds like an issue with the video card.

Generally, there are 2 hardware no-no's to running IV...

No Matrox

No ATI

MechMan
Message 5 of 7
rllthomas

Thank goodness nobody has asked for help while using a Kyro card!
Message 6 of 7
JDGreen

Whats everyones recommendation for a video card. Looking at something with 128MB
Message 7 of 7
MechMan_

Something with the nVidia chipset...preferrably a Quadro.

MechMan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report