Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.IDW Radial Section Cut

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
rclement
1085 Views, 11 Replies

.IDW Radial Section Cut

ive been looking into doing radial sections cuts .i havent found any solid answer to it in these discussion groups

is there a solution to doing radial cuts in inventor idw files? if so what would be the proceedure?

see attached file

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: rclement

Welcome to the forum.

What version of Inventor are you using and can you post an image of what you are descriging?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 12
rclement
in reply to: Cadmanto

I AM USING INVENTOR 2014

I WOULD LIKE TO DO A CIRCULAR CUT THRU THE MIDDLE OF ONE OF THE BLADES (THE LONG WAY)

IM SURE THERE IS A SOLUTION TO THIS I JUST NOT AWARE OF IT

Message 4 of 12
Cadmanto

I am thinking your best option would be to do a swept cut.  This way you can control the path (guide curve)

and have multiple profiles to formulate the cut at different locations.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 12
rclement

i guess that would work but i would have to make a copy of the piece and modify it. so not to mess up the integerity of the initial piece.

would be nice if autodesk would add radial or circular section options. maybe ill put that on my christmas wish list

Message 6 of 12
Cadmanto

Another thought based on what you are describing would be to create a derived part.  Take the initial part and insert it into a second part that you want to have this curve in.  That way if you change the original the changes funnel down to the second part and anything you do in this seconed part will not effect the first.

On your second point, you can always post an idea in the Inventor IdeaStation if you want to possible see this.

If you do make sure you post the link to the idea here as well as this thread in the idea.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 12
rclement

never really played with derived parts. but like everything else . there is always a first time. let me look into it

thanks for yur help. a little insight goes a long way

Message 8 of 12
rclement

i found out inventor does do radial section just have to draw a sketch in the view of where i want the cut to be. get ride of all non important curves. go to placeviews . sketch only button on there it is. but i did like the cut option.

which was on one of the prevoius radial sect cut discussions but when i tried didint work but some one told me what i was doing wrong

Message 9 of 12
swamiesstrikers

How do you do a sweep cut? I want to make a radial cut along bolt holes. I have extruded a surface along the radius and slit it so I am looking at the section.

Message 10 of 12
rclement
in reply to: swamiesstrikers

2 ways .one make derive part and extrude cut what you have to get rid to get the section you want to show . 2 nd one sketch radial cut u want
When u stab section view stab line u sketched
Should work did for me

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Message 11 of 12
swamiesstrikers

I need more detailed step by step, like when I derive it, what do I bring in with it, surfaces, sketches, etc? I have attached an image of what I need. I need a radial section along the 4 holes in the picture on the left side and I need it to come out like the image on the right side.

Message 12 of 12
rclement
in reply to: swamiesstrikers

2 ways

first way

1. bring derive part doesnt matter what else you bring in with it.you want to make fresh sketches.

2. sketch on that plane and make it so you follow your the radius of yur bolts then perpendicular to that radius.

3. extrude cut

2 nd way

1. bring in yur view

2 draw a sketch thats the radius of bolts

3. finish sketch

4. choose section

5 stab that sketch should work.

i was amamzed when my guy showed me it but i had thought the derived part was good as well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report