Inventor General

*Pro
jletcher
Message 41 of 47 (354 Views)

Re: I remember when Inventor Worked

03-08-2013 07:25 AM in reply to: CelticDesignServices

Oh no worries buddy.

It is easy to hijack my posts lol..

Just really wish Autodesk would get back on track. Hate to leave them.....

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
Valued Contributor
waynehelley
Message 42 of 47 (351 Views)

03-08-2013 07:29 AM in reply to: jletcher

oPartsList1.Sort("ITEM", 1)

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013
Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit
*Pro
jletcher
Message 43 of 47 (335 Views)

03-08-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: waynehelley

Thanks waynehelley

I have ilogic checking it now and fixes it if it is wrong. Just hate work arounds when it worked all the time.

It is like now you have to fix what should be working...

I wish I was rich I would by enough Autodesk stock to get on the board of directors and get Inventor back to the greatness it once was..

I really love Inventor just so you all know... But that was when it was Inventor and not what it is today

Solid Works crossed bread with Viz and Microsoft Office..

James Letcher
Distinguished Contributor
Vlad.Makarov
Message 44 of 47 (298 Views)

03-08-2013 10:53 AM in reply to: dgorsman

dgorsman wrote:

Somewhat interesting point, but like the IdeaStation item its a little vague - make *what* multi-threaded?  "Everything" isn't going to happen since not every operation can be processed that way.

Personally, I'd rather have software that is built to take advantage of current hardware.

(Inventor was based on ACIS until they forked it to ShapeManager)

http://www.3dcadworld.com/spatial-acis-cgm-and-the-future-of-geometric-modeling-kernels/

"Over the years, I’ve discussed the issues of multi-threading with some very experienced CAD developers. The consensus is that only some processes–those that can be cleanly decomposed, with no dependencies–are easy to multi-thread. Beyond this, it’s really difficult to add multi-threading into a software architecture, unless you start with it built-in at the beginning.

ACIS wasn’t designed for multi-threading from the beginning. So, now it’s major work to add it after the fact. I’m impressed at the progress that Spatial’s developers have made, but I’m not expecting miracles in the future. The only way to get the full benefit of multi-threading is to start from scratch, with a new modeler, and a new architecture."

jletcher
Message 45 of 47 (285 Views)

03-08-2013 11:17 AM in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

AKA Fusion?

Not sure what kernal they have for that do you?

James Letcher
Distinguished Contributor
Vlad.Makarov
Message 46 of 47 (270 Views)

03-08-2013 12:00 PM in reply to: jletcher

Inventor, Fusion & AutoCAD all use ShapeManager.

Mark_Wigan
Message 47 of 47 (201 Views)

03-10-2013 07:52 PM in reply to: swhite

I agree James, some people seem to be missing the point.

we need to fix stuff, & get some real quality control happening. get some sensible management to guide the development.

i really do not think that we are saying it needs to be perfect, far from it. we are frustrated that this software works in one version then next version it is messed up on the same specific topic.

i still think that inventor is a good enough tool even with the very frustrating things that they are doing now, just don't understand why they do the silly things they do, something works, so mess it up for the new version. interface works, lets make a new one that is slower.

it seems that the developers are continually being pushed down a particular path, to compete with this or that, usually in a rushed panic to take market share... all very nice in some regards but they are sacrificing good functionality and access to commands in favour of shiny stuff. i mentioned in a few posts that i wished they learned from their mistakes way back when they sacked a whole dept for releasing a new version and two days later forced to release a major service pack to get it to work.

some of the posts are getting a bit tangential which is bound to happen in a topic like this, some are saying that they wish people would just learn the new ways! they miss the point. like you i have been using it for many a year and i can show how many clicks to do general basic tasks now and compare that to classic. now is much worse. more clicks & more time to do the same job is not an improvement.

AD need to listen, especially when they are losing customers.

best regards,
- Mark

PDSU 2014 Windows 7, 64bit. (please consider Kudos or Tag as Solved if your issue is sorted)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube