Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I remember when Inventor Worked

46 REPLIES 46
Message 1 of 47
jletcher
3089 Views, 46 Replies

I remember when Inventor Worked

Ok I remember the days when Inventor worked now not so much. One complaint getting from clients is the BOM

and Part list.

When I teach Inventor in the assembly I tell my clients to reorder the BOM in the assembly and when they go to do the drawing part list it will be in the correct order they wanted it to be.

Well this is no longer true and is very frustrating. They can spend 5 to 10 minutes reordering the BOM in the assembly just to find out they have to redo it in the drawing Part list.

I have notice my Don't add anything till you fix it is not the best idea any longer.

What I don't understand is we have a the opportunity to tell Autodesk we are not happy with thing not working when they did before. But yet votes for this lack.

Here is JPG's for you..

Correct.JPG

But now not correct

not correct.JPG

Now this is a small assembly but the next one he has to do has about 40 sub assemblies and 150 parts.

Please go vote for the bugs to be fixed before we add anything else...

Thanks for your support..

46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47

Oh no worries buddy.

It is easy to hijack my posts lol..

Just really wish Autodesk would get back on track. Hate to leave them.....

Message 42 of 47
waynehelley
in reply to: jletcher

oPartsList1.Sort("ITEM", 1)

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023
Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Message 43 of 47
jletcher
in reply to: waynehelley

Thanks waynehelley

I have ilogic checking it now and fixes it if it is wrong. Just hate work arounds when it worked all the time.

It is like now you have to fix what should be working...

I wish I was rich I would by enough Autodesk stock to get on the board of directors and get Inventor back to the greatness it once was..

I really love Inventor just so you all know... But that was when it was Inventor and not what it is today

Solid Works crossed bread with Viz and Microsoft Office..

Message 44 of 47
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

Somewhat interesting point, but like the IdeaStation item its a little vague - make *what* multi-threaded?  "Everything" isn't going to happen since not every operation can be processed that way.

Personally, I'd rather have software that is built to take advantage of current hardware.

(Inventor was based on ACIS until they forked it to ShapeManager)

http://www.3dcadworld.com/spatial-acis-cgm-and-the-future-of-geometric-modeling-kernels/

"Over the years, I’ve discussed the issues of multi-threading with some very experienced CAD developers. The consensus is that only some processes–those that can be cleanly decomposed, with no dependencies–are easy to multi-thread. Beyond this, it’s really difficult to add multi-threading into a software architecture, unless you start with it built-in at the beginning.

ACIS wasn’t designed for multi-threading from the beginning. So, now it’s major work to add it after the fact. I’m impressed at the progress that Spatial’s developers have made, but I’m not expecting miracles in the future. The only way to get the full benefit of multi-threading is to start from scratch, with a new modeler, and a new architecture."

jletcher
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

AKA Fusion?

Not sure what kernal they have for that do you?

Message 46 of 47
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: jletcher

Inventor, Fusion & AutoCAD all use ShapeManager.

Mark_Wigan
in reply to: swhite

I agree James, some people seem to be missing the point.

we need to fix stuff, & get some real quality control happening. get some sensible management to guide the development.

i really do not think that we are saying it needs to be perfect, far from it. we are frustrated that this software works in one version then next version it is messed up on the same specific topic.

i still think that inventor is a good enough tool even with the very frustrating things that they are doing now, just don't understand why they do the silly things they do, something works, so mess it up for the new version. interface works, lets make a new one that is slower.

it seems that the developers are continually being pushed down a particular path, to compete with this or that, usually in a rushed panic to take market share... all very nice in some regards but they are sacrificing good functionality and access to commands in favour of shiny stuff. i mentioned in a few posts that i wished they learned from their mistakes way back when they sacked a whole dept for releasing a new version and two days later forced to release a major service pack to get it to work.

some of the posts are getting a bit tangential which is bound to happen in a topic like this, some are saying that they wish people would just learn the new ways! they miss the point. like you i have been using it for many a year and i can show how many clicks to do general basic tasks now and compare that to classic. now is much worse. more clicks & more time to do the same job is not an improvement.

AD need to listen, especially when they are losing customers.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report