Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help - knife blade grind

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dylanhosted
545 Views, 4 Replies

I need help - knife blade grind

I am creating a fixed blade knife in inventor and I wanted to put a saber grind on it but I cannot figure out how to do it. I have tried using the chamfer tool but the grind does not go far enough up the blade. Does anyone know how i could make this work?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: dylanhosted

I didn't open your file but have you tried doing a "sweep"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
dylanhosted
in reply to: mcgyvr

I have but I'll admit that I am still learning sweep so I may not be using it right.

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

@dylanr747 wrote:

I have but I'll admit that I am still learning sweep so I may not be using it right.

Well now is a perfect time to play/learn then 🙂 

Going back to chamfer there is also the ability to select "distance and angle" and "distance/distance" instead of just one fixed distance.

You might also have to use "split" or similar to define where the chamfer will start/stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
dylanhosted

I used the sweep tool and was able to get the grind, it worked out very well thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report