Inventor General

Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (335 Views)

I keep getting "A cross part association has failed"

335 Views, 1 Replies
10-02-2012 01:26 PM

Hi,

I keep getting; "A cross part association has failed".
*I got a sheet metal part fixed by the help of jletcher, got it in to the assembly (1), updated the associations and that worked fine.
*I then opened the assembly (2) that contains the assembly (1) and fixed the "cross part associations" this file seems to work after save and reopen.

So, when I open the MAIN assembly it complains about the same stuff. I have fixed it But as soon as i close the files for the day it complains about it again the next day. This seems to go on and on :smileyhappy:

I have created some some parts in the assembly (2) and projected a few edges to be able to create these parts.

Any ideas?

Reg. Esa

Inventor 2012 Pro 64-Bit
Win 7 Pro
RAM 16 GB
*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 2 of 2 (325 Views)

Re: I keep getting "A cross part association has failed"

10-02-2012 04:02 PM in reply to: Fixarallt

I would be looking at associative parts. Adaptive parts is good but can lead to problems down the road. I clear Adaptivity as soon as possible. It speeds up the model and reduces "down the road" problems.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 335.23
SpacePilot Pro 3.17.7, 6.17., 4.11

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube