Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting "A cross part association has failed"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1682 Views, 1 Reply

I keep getting "A cross part association has failed"

Hi,

I keep getting; "A cross part association has failed".
*I got a sheet metal part fixed by the help of jletcher, got it in to the assembly (1), updated the associations and that worked fine.
*I then opened the assembly (2) that contains the assembly (1) and fixed the "cross part associations" this file seems to work after save and reopen.

So, when I open the MAIN assembly it complains about the same stuff. I have fixed it But as soon as i close the files for the day it complains about it again the next day. This seems to go on and on 🙂

I have created some some parts in the assembly (2) and projected a few edges to be able to create these parts.

Any ideas?

Reg. Esa

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I would be looking at associative parts. Adaptive parts is good but can lead to problems down the road. I clear Adaptivity as soon as possible. It speeds up the model and reduces "down the road" problems.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report