Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot delete hatch in a drawing

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Karol-Or
24979 Views, 15 Replies

I cannot delete hatch in a drawing

I made a sketch attached to a drawing view, in it made a hatch.

I closed the sketch and the file.

Opened again, after days, activated the sketch, selected the hatch, it turned red, pressed delete but it didn't disappear.

Also on the right click there is no delete option.

When i select the hatch and it turns red, when i press delete or right  click it turns green.

It is strange that when the sketch is closed and i select it in the browser i see the other lines of the sketch in red, but not the hatch.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
CCarreiras
in reply to: Karol-Or

Hi!

To "delete" the Hatch from a Sketch in a drawing view:

1. Activate "Fill Hatch"
  2. Select again the same frontier
  3. Deactivate the Hatch Button

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi!

To create the plane, you can select the sketch border line and the conical face.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 16
Karol-Or
in reply to: CCarreiras

@carloscarreiras8703 wrote:

Hi!

To create the plane, you can select the sketch border line and the conical face.

You misplaced this answer with a different post

Message 5 of 16
signmeup
in reply to: Karol-Or

This seems to work sometimes but not always. I have a hatch that I cannot delete. The dialog box only wants to add an additional hatch like the visible hatch is not even there.

Product Design Suite 2017, HP Z800 Xeon X5680 @ 3.33GHz x2, CPU x24, 96Gb, Nvidia Quadro 5000
Message 6 of 16
JDMather
in reply to: signmeup

Attach the file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
signmeup
in reply to: JDMather

Appreciate your offer, but I got around it by deleting one of the lines containing the fill and then redrawing the line.
Product Design Suite 2017, HP Z800 Xeon X5680 @ 3.33GHz x2, CPU x24, 96Gb, Nvidia Quadro 5000
Message 8 of 16
wayne.lesueur
in reply to: signmeup

I just had the same problem. I believe it was due to me sketching over the original hatch boundary. I had a second hatched area that overlapped the first.

By deleting the original boundary (or just part of it) and redrawing, hatch could then identify it.

J

Message 9 of 16
Hunteil
in reply to: wayne.lesueur

I can confirm. This happens when editing a sketch in Sketch Symbols too in my template. I had to delete a edge line for the shape so I could delete the hatch. Double clicking doesn't work and if you select the hatch region tool, then select the hatch area, the deselect option doesn't show. Looks like it's just trying to add more areas.

I also read a the help file and it doesn't really help either. https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-F9740B4B-DD41-47A7-9A27-87ADC20D681D

I'm pretty sure this has to be a simple fix we're completely overlooking like a setting in Application Options.

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

Message 10 of 16
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Hunteil

Hi! Does the view have green brackets? If yes, the view is in Raster View mode. The hatch may not be deleteable. Right-click on the view -> Make View Precise. After that, does it work?

If not, please share the files here. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 16
Hunteil
in reply to: johnsonshiue

No view necessary for this issue.

Attached is the example...I have a circle, a polygon and a sketch symbol. Editing the sketch for the circle and polygon, I can't double click the hatches to edit them. The only way to delete them is by deleting a line. In the case of a circle, the circle is lost.

If you edit the sketch symbol. It's the same issue there.

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

Message 12 of 16
JDMather

@Hunteil wrote:

I can't double click the hatches to edit them.

The only way to delete them is by deleting a line.

Simply replace the Hatch with None (or desired Hatch).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 13 of 16
IgorMir

Alternatively to Jeffrey's suggestion - you could create a new layer, put the hatch on that layer and turn it off. Does the same thing.

Cheers,

Igor.

@Hunteil wrote:

No view necessary for this issue.

Attached is the example...I have a circle, a polygon and a sketch symbol. Editing the sketch for the circle and polygon, I can't double click the hatches to edit them. The only way to delete them is by deleting a line. In the case of a circle, the circle is lost.

If you edit the sketch symbol. It's the same issue there.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 14 of 16
Hunteil
in reply to: IgorMir

That's a strange way to get around it. But hey, that'll work. Thank you very much! 🙂

Message 15 of 16
IgorMir

Well, it would be better if the visibility of the hatch in the sketch was handled in the same manner as it is in the section view of a part. But than one would have forgotten how AutoCAD works. 😃

Cheers,

Igor.

@Hunteil wrote:

That's a strange way to get around it. But hey, that'll work. Thank you very much! 🙂

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 16 of 16
Hunteil
in reply to: IgorMir

@IgorMir yea... consistency isn't a strong suit with this tool it seems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report