Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't reuse the same iFeature in a part with closing and opening the file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
feet_first
229 Views, 2 Replies

I can't reuse the same iFeature in a part with closing and opening the file

I am using Inventor 2011 and vault.  When I go to insert another instance of an IFeature i get a message that says "cannot insert iFeature that is currently open for edit (see attached)  The .ide file and the part used to extract the iFeature are both closed and not checked out of the vault.

The only workaround I know of is is to close the file and open it up again.

Any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.anderson
in reply to: feet_first

My first though it that the location of the ide file could be an issue. The image is indicating that it's kept under the Templates folder, which isn't the common catalog location.

Check to see that you have proper permissions to this location. Also, see if you can copy the iFeatures to another locations and insert them without the issue.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
feet_first
in reply to: feet_first

I received some  help from AutoDesk and it turned out that the problem was an add in.  SolidWorks Enterprise PDM to be exact.  Once I disabled the add in the problem went away.  Now I can't access the Enterprise vault from Inventor but there are work arounds untill SolidWorks gets their add in fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report