Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a bug (corner seam)

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jletcher
566 Views, 11 Replies

I am a bug (corner seam)

Ok here is one for the books has to be a bug ..

Or I am not seeing something but un-likely

Look at corner seam I AM A BUG.

Suppress it then unsuppress and error. 

Works good for 3 corners but not this one.

Autodesk this is why you should not add anything till you work out these kind of issues....

2012 PRO

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

To add to the mess it works fine with a k-factor but not my (well clients) custom Equation..

See attached

Message 3 of 12
jletcher

Well I guess it is a bug seeing know one has found a way to fix it....

This is when you step in Autodesk..

Message 4 of 12
jletcher

Ok to add more to the fun of Inventor...

If you suppress Corner17 I AM A BUG works.. in 500-302-1 TEST

Ugh 5 hours trying to get this to work glad to see Inventor is productive.

As much time I waste with the bugs of Inventor I could have paid off the House......

Message 5 of 12
jletcher

Ok here is where the issue is. In the contour flange take out the bottom flange from the contour flange and use the flange tool to make them and then add the rest back in it works..

Ok now that I did your job Autodesk maybe you can fix it...

Who do I send the 5 hour bill too ?

Now to remake 30 parts fun thanks Autodesk for adding a new interface and not fixing bugs...

Message 6 of 12
jletcher

Ok need to add more issues with contour flange problems.

It seems that the with Custom Equation contour flange is not a good way. New part trying to add this to has issues but there are no corner seams.

So the out come of this don't use Custom Equation with contour flange that has anything but 90 degree bends any other angle seems to fail when it wants to.

I can not pin point the issue if it does not act the same.  I just know the two don't like each other...

Message 7 of 12
jletcher

Ok I think I have found the reason.

When making a flange with flange tool it has an angle that it will look up in the Custum Eqation.

When making it with a contour flang tool the sketch has the angle so it has nothing to look up so it defaults to k-factor.

So if you use Custom Equations don't use the contour flange tool.

This will need to be addressed by Autodesk..

So to me it is a bug but not a bug but lack off the developers using Inventor to test all aspects of a new feature...

Same with the new Interface no test to see if it was faster but they should have seen all the extra click they added but maybe they did not test it.....

Ugh what happen to my Inventor..............

Message 8 of 12
Yijiang.Cai

When looking into this behavior, the error is different when suppressing or unsuppressing the corner seam. When suppressing the corner seam, the error happens as the the face which sketch 13 is based on is changed, and the some projecting edges will be missing in face. When unsuppressing the corner seam, the error happens as the flat pattern will be re-computed, and the custom equation unfold method does not fit well for flat pattern. It will work fine when changing it to KFactor.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 9 of 12
jletcher
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

LOL just the answer I knew would come from Autodesk. You need to look into it some more and try to read my post I did all the work for you. Sketch13 hase nothing to do with it and you are part of the Quality Assurance Team wow I now see why Inventor is going down hill.

Even if you delete sketch13 is still has an issue so I would like to know how you can up with this. Sketch13 is no where near the issue.

I spent 8 hours figuing it out and you come on here with some out of the blue reason that has nothing to do with the issue..

Autodesk maybe you need to look into hiring me if this is the crap your Quality Assurance Team comes up with.

Message 10 of 12
jletcher

Also I said I need it to use the Custom Equation not k-factor. that is why I am posting this. If I could use k-factor do you really think I would make a post of a bug you have?

This is a bug or an oversight on the Devoloping team.

Message 11 of 12
Yijiang.Cai

Hi James,

Many thanks for reporting this issue to us! And it is really strange that the flat pattern error happens using custom equation method when only the corner seam "I AM A BUG" is applied. Actually these four corner seams are created using the same settings and conditions. With more investigation, when the corner relief shape is changed to others like Round or arc weld in this corner seam, the error will not show. However it should be an issue here, and has been tracked in our system.

Based on the model you provided, this should be a symmetrical shape. Please see the model I attached, and hope it helpful for you.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 12 of 12
jletcher

Well that funny I still get the error I guess you did not check it good enough. If I change the corner seam to anything I still get error and this is not  symmetrical shape at all times and I never model in that fashon for this causes more bugs within Inventor. But lets get one bug fixed before I go into the others ok.

Now what.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report