Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to work multiple users in single assembly file at same time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
linuskotte
2355 Views, 2 Replies

How to work multiple users in single assembly file at same time

Hi all

I have one problem in inventor.

I have one large assembly for hose routing it consists of around 1000 hoses all hoses are coming in main assembly but delivery date is very short. My plan is work on same assembly 5 people how it works?

One idea is like working in sub assemblies but in my case only one assembly consist of all hoses.

Any idea about this please tell me.

How to work multiple users in single assembly file at same time.

like in solid works enable collabarative mode.

please help me

Thank yoy in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

LINUS KOTTE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: linuskotte

Alhough I've never used it, I've read that Autodesk Vault makes it easier to organize Inventor projects (and AutoCAD, etc.) amongst team members. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you cannot have two or more people working on the same assembly file in a real-time updating fashion, Vault or no Vault.

Here is a related thread I found from a quick search you might find useful:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/One-big-assembly-multiple-users/td-p/3309687

Message 3 of 3
altar
in reply to: linuskotte

Maybe you may want to use legacy project types. I heard that they are not supported any more but options are always good. Vault is always the best option since it cames with the standard product design suite package.

Take a look at this picture for legacy project types;

Legacy Project Types

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report