Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a work axis in a drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
barnadaniel
1023 Views, 2 Replies

How to use a work axis in a drawing?

Hi,

I am wondering what a work axis is good for in a drawing... I can 'Include' it, so that it becomes visible in a given drawing. But that's all. I can not attach dimensions to it. I can not create a section view along it. I can not project it into a sketch associated with the given View. Although I would like to....

I am using Inventor 2012. Any idea?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: barnadaniel

I use 2011, but I am able to dimension to a work axis in my drawings.  I have never tried attaching a section view along one, but it seems you could edit the section line sketch and constrain it to the work axis once it is included in your drawing?  Maybe there are some problems with this in 2012?

Message 3 of 3
barnadaniel
in reply to: cbenner

No, I can't do anything with this work axis. If I right-click on it, I get a limited menu (see attached picture). If I create a sketch associated with this view, I can not project the work axis, i.e. I can not constrain anything to it.

(Although I must admit that I can attach dimensions to it - sorry, the contrary statement in my previous mail was false)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report