Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress a pattern in *.iam by iLogic

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zdhrichard
2780 Views, 4 Replies

How to suppress a pattern in *.iam by iLogic

Does anybody know how to suppress a pattern in *.iam by ilogic?

I used ilogic to suppress the main components, but the rest are not suppressed.

For example, I have component "A" and make it a pattern (Colum and Row are variable). How to use ilogic to suppress rest not just "A".

I think I asked this questions before, but still I am waiting somebody may could help to solve it in 2009 Inventor.

If somebody coudl help, it will be much appreciated.

Rich

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 (64 Bit Edition)
Build: 284, Release 2018.3
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645
12.0 GB Memory
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: zdhrichard

Let's say your component pattern is called Component Pattern 1:1 (this is the default naming of new patterns).  The code looks like this:

Component.IsActive("Component Pattern 1:1") = False

I like to change the default browser name for patterns so that they are more descriptive and useful.  So if you changed your pattern name to Part A Pattern, then the code would likewise be:

Component.IsActive("Part A Pattern") = False

Message 3 of 5
zdhrichard
in reply to: cwhetten

Great! It is what I want. Thanks lot, cwhetten.

Before I put "Solution" mark, I would like to dig a little deeper.

Suppose in this pattern, I have two or more group components.

I want in case "A", the components in Group "A" to be suppressed only. But in case "B", I want only the components in Group "B" to be suppressed.

Could any code do so?

If not, I have to use different patterns for different groups (I have lot of group).

Rich

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 (64 Bit Edition)
Build: 284, Release 2018.3
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645
12.0 GB Memory
Message 4 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: zdhrichard

It's possible...  But you would have to hard-code in the component names for each component you want to control.  And this would only work if your pattern quantity never changes.

So, like I said, it's possible...just not very practical.

I think your best bet for controlling these components with iLogic is to do separate patterns for each group of components.

I just don't know of any other way to group components within patterns in a way that iLogic can turn them all off or on.  Maybe Curtis Waguespack would know?  He's a Grand Wizard when it comes to iLogic.

Message 5 of 5
pdessai
in reply to: cwhetten

Hi,

I have the similar doubt. Will be thankful if somebody can help me.

I am doing a simplified stair using iLogic. 

Basically stair can be with/ without intermediate stanchion and in order to achieve that from single model I need to hide/delete the components/stanchion including pattern as per requirement so that it should be visible and should not appear in bill of material & vice versa.. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report