Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
zdhrichard
Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to suppress a pattern in *.iam by iLogic

291 Views, 3 Replies
08-31-2012 11:01 AM

Does anybody know how to suppress a pattern in *.iam by ilogic?

I used ilogic to suppress the main components, but the rest are not suppressed.

For example, I have component "A" and make it a pattern (Colum and Row are variable). How to use ilogic to suppress rest not just "A".

I think I asked this questions before, but still I am waiting somebody may could help to solve it in 2009 Inventor.

If somebody coudl help, it will be much appreciated.

Rich

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 (64 Bit) SP2
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645
12.0 GB Memory
*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 2 of 4 (279 Views)

Re: How to suppress a pattern in *.iam by iLogic

08-31-2012 12:24 PM in reply to: zdhrichard

Let's say your component pattern is called Component Pattern 1:1 (this is the default naming of new patterns).  The code looks like this:

Component.IsActive("Component Pattern 1:1") = False

I like to change the default browser name for patterns so that they are more descriptive and useful.  So if you changed your pattern name to Part A Pattern, then the code would likewise be:

Component.IsActive("Part A Pattern") = False

Distinguished Contributor
zdhrichard
Message 3 of 4 (273 Views)

08-31-2012 12:48 PM in reply to: cwhetten

Great! It is what I want. Thanks lot, cwhetten.

Before I put "Solution" mark, I would like to dig a little deeper.

Suppose in this pattern, I have two or more group components.

I want in case "A", the components in Group "A" to be suppressed only. But in case "B", I want only the components in Group "B" to be suppressed.

Could any code do so?

If not, I have to use different patterns for different groups (I have lot of group).

Rich

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 (64 Bit) SP2
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645
12.0 GB Memory
*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)

08-31-2012 02:00 PM in reply to: zdhrichard

It's possible...  But you would have to hard-code in the component names for each component you want to control.  And this would only work if your pattern quantity never changes.

So, like I said, it's possible...just not very practical.

I think your best bet for controlling these components with iLogic is to do separate patterns for each group of components.

I just don't know of any other way to group components within patterns in a way that iLogic can turn them all off or on.  Maybe Curtis Waguespack would know?  He's a Grand Wizard when it comes to iLogic.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube