Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set parts list row height?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
g_petkov
1570 Views, 4 Replies

How to set parts list row height?

According to ISO 7573 parts list height is strictly set to 10 mm. I tried to set it using the row gap, but the row gap seems to apply to the spacing between text and column lines as well! This limits the usage of row gap to below 1 mm:
I have narrow columns with sizes of 10 to 15 mm and if I apply a row gap of 3.75 (in my case I have to apply row gap=3.75*2+text size=3.5 mm, in order to reach row height of 10 mm) the parts list height suddenly doubles, because the text in the narrow collumns doesn't fit any more! My quesion actually is: is there a way of setting different text gaps for rows and columns in the parts list?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.obergries
in reply to: g_petkov

there is no way how to setup exact row height today.

I verified how the row height is computed and for computation is not used exactly 3.5 mm text height but size computed from string "q\\" what has maximum text we need to know for used font.

Than is used row gap and line spacing and height of '\\q".

It is something like this in your case:

line spacing=1
font size is 3.5mm
default height of "q\\" is 4.623mm

gap is necessary to use 2.69 mm in this case
than height is computed

2*gap + 4.623 -> 10.003 mm

this probably helps to you set height 10 mm but it is only workaround and it probably needs something new setting like exact row height.
Message 3 of 5
coviepresb1647

When I have had to adjust the parts list text height, I usually edit the General Text and/or Note Text (under Edit Styles) since I keep all the text the same height per our company guidelines.
Message 4 of 5
g_petkov

Thank you for the effort to help, but it is absolutely useless for me to set a row gap of more than 1 mm; should I set row gap of 2.69 mm, I won't be able fit even 3 letters in a 10 mm column! What we really need is a new setting of the sort "fixed row height". Maybe it can be added in the Inventor wish-list for the next version...
Message 5 of 5

This is already logged in our database system as a wish list item # 846694.
Thanks,
Rado

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report