Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove wire or cable path line question

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
smallik
1413 Views, 9 Replies

How to remove wire or cable path line question

Hi,

Does anyone know how to hide the wire or cable path line after exiting from the harness program?  Please see the attached which highlights this issue.  I use Inventor 2014.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: smallik

Those are the path lines.  If you find those runs in your browser, tree them out (+) till you come to the actual run.

If I had a tube and pipe file I would send you an image of what I am talking about.  Bottom line is you just need to dig until you find it and when you find the run RC on it and turn off the visibility.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
smallik
in reply to: Cadmanto

Cadmanto,

No Joy.  I guess I need a screen capture of where to look. I couldn't get treed out enough to see the path lines.

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

I cannot duplicate exactly what you have, but here is an image of what I was talking about.

This is the depth you might have to dig to.

tp.jpg

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
smallik

Please do.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
smallik

Cadmanto,

I've attached my screen shot of the wire harness.  It doesn't even come close to looking like the pipe creation tree.  As such, I can only make the wire visible or not.  I still can't see how to turn off the run sketch.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
Cadmanto

You are right, they are no the same.  My humble apologies.  I made a gross assumption that the harnesses would have a similar tree as the tube and pipe.

When you RC on any of the wires is there anything in the menu that suggests visibility that might turn these off?

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

The best you can do is edit the harness.. Right click on the harness name in the browser and select "harness settings" then you can uncheck "use surfaces for All Segments and Wires"

Of course rendering it will make them go away too.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 10
smallik
in reply to: mcgyvr

mcgyvr,

The solution you offered works.  The results look perfect.  I often need this level of illustration for my documents.  Rendering as you mentioned works as well, but is sometimes overkill and as a wiring model can get very elaborate, the rendering times can get very time consuming.

Thanks again!

Message 10 of 10
rherrickMZ2TX

I can't see the image of the original problem to fully understand the question, but if you go into Object Visibility on the View tab and turn off 3D sketches, the wire paths will be hidden.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report