Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a hole from a set of holes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
barnadaniel
5381 Views, 9 Replies

How to remove a hole from a set of holes

Hi,

I have edited an associative part within an assembly. Created a sketch on one of the surfaces, and projected the surface of another part, which had holes. Then created a set of holes, by selecting some of the hole centers from this projected sketch. Later I wanted to remove one of these holes, but it doesn't seem to be possible. I can not de-select a point. Is this possible somehow?

Thanks

Inventor 2011

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: barnadaniel

I'm not positive but I believe this was a bug reported a while ago that never got fixed.. You can simply fill the hole with another sketch/extrusion as a workaround.

There was another post about this but I can't seem to find it now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
JDMather

@barnadaniel wrote:

... by selecting some of the hole centers from this projected sketch. Later I wanted to remove one of these holes, but it doesn't seem to be possible. I can not de-select a point. 

Inventor 2011

I assume you are holding the Ctrl key when trying to deselect?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
karthur1

This is a stinking bug in 2011.  In order to remove the hole, you have to stop what you are doing, and make the sketch visible.  Then you have to edit the feature and while holding down shift and remove the point from the selection set.

Now you have to turn the sketch back off.

Real PITA.  Hoepfully it will get fixed with 2012.

Message 5 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

This issue has been corrected on an internal build. It should be available in an update.

barnadaniel,

Is the issue you are talking about the same as Kirk's? If not, please let me know the steps to reproduce. I am a bit confused about how to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 10
barnadaniel
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks a lot!

Message 7 of 10
CArceneaux
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson,

I'm experiencing the same situation in 2012 with the inability to edit a hole feature and deselect hole centers. This is not an adaptive sketch as in the OP and I've tried making the sketch visible. Have also tried toggling hole terminations and direction which was successful in another part. 

Recreating the feature makes for correcting dimensions, constraints, and hole tables.

Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated,

Chad

Message 8 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: CArceneaux

Hi! If you could post the file here or send it to me, I would take a look and see where the problem is.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 10
CArceneaux
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson,

I sent the file and appreciate you looking into this.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 10
bobvdd
in reply to: CArceneaux

Johnson and myself looked into this and we have logged it as defect

1464663 Cannot deselect center points from existing hole

Thanks

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report