Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place an DWG on IDW template

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hvj1234
279 Views, 6 Replies

How to place an DWG on IDW template

How can I control placement of an DWG when i place it in a IDW. I can't see that I have a possibility to contorl that. How can I do that ? best regards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: hvj1234

Not quite understanding exactly what you are talking about.  Can you outline in a little more detail what it is you are doing (maybe step by step) and what you are trying to accomplish?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
hvj1234
in reply to: Cadmanto

The standard title for the IDW is not customized for the customer. My customer has it's own title block from AutoCAD. When I place it, I use Autocad import and then it's placed on the idw, but I can't control where it's placed. it mean that I have to dimension and constrain the autocad drawing, that's a big job, so I want to insert the dwg and thats it. how can I do that ? Best regards

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

What I would do is do a file save as of your existing template.  Then import this title block (as a block) from the ACAD drawing into the new template.  Once you have that template set, but replace the templates on the drawings with this new one.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
jletcher

If it was me I would take a few hours and make a IDW title block. I never like to import anything from autocad because of performance issues.

Just my two cents...

Message 6 of 7
dano0310

Hi from my understanding are you wanting to bring a dwg into inventor then use the inventor title block?
I had one of he boys do this for me yesterday and since I am not an autocad expert had to make it up as I went. Basically you need to use layouts to control what goes on each sheet. Setup your layout in autocad but don't use the autocad title block. Save the dwg then open it (don't import) in inventor. Place title block as usual.
Let me know if this isn't what you require.
Message 7 of 7
dano0310

And of coarse non of the title blocks will be present because it is a dwg not Ida so you will have to copy over the resource folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report