Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make thread in assembly?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
rgruychev
7185 Views, 25 Replies

Inventor 2012

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
mrattray
in reply to: kstate92

@kstate92 wrote:
(ignoring the fact that the sectional view of a derived part no longer has the outlines of the indivual parts, but look more like a one-piece forging or casting).  In response, someone will then suggest a separate view of the pre-derived assembly to show the cross-sectional construction.

If you set the derive settings to mantain individual bodies you should still get your outlines indicating individual parts...

I can see how some would have the need for this, but I make weldments every day and have never had any need for it.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 22 of 26
kstate92
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:

@kstate92 wrote:
(ignoring the fact that the sectional view of a derived part no longer has the outlines of the indivual parts, but look more like a one-piece forging or casting).  In response, someone will then suggest a separate view of the pre-derived assembly to show the cross-sectional construction.

If you set the derive settings to mantain individual bodies you should still get your outlines indicating individual parts...

I can see how some would have the need for this, but I make weldments every day and have never had any need for it.

Hmm.  I'll have to try that again.  Still another part though.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 23 of 26
Hochenauer
in reply to: kstate92

The entries have been marked as duplicates and the idea was accepted into our development project tracking system.

Here is the active idea that people can vote on:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Thread-External-thread-in-Welded-assembly/idc-p/3...

Gerald Hochenauer
Senior Principal Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 24 of 26
Generic
in reply to: mrattray

Thank you Hochenauer.

Message 25 of 26
DanSingleton
in reply to: Hochenauer

Has this been implemented yet?

Message 26 of 26
mcgyvr
in reply to: DanSingleton

@DanSingleton wrote:

Has this been implemented yet?

Nope.. It will say "implemented" instead of "accepted" at the top of the idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report