Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have prompted entries show on all pages.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andrewbeel
360 Views, 1 Reply

How to have prompted entries show on all pages.

I am trying to create a template and want all of the revision material to show on all the sheets but the prompted entry that I have put into the template makes me re-enter it every time I change sheets. Is there any way to have it flow through onto all of the sheets instead of having to re-enter all the information.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cwhetten
in reply to: andrewbeel

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you aren't using the built-in revision table functionality?  It will do what you are wanting:

Drawing Revision Table.PNG

As you can see in the image, you have the option to have the revision info apply to just the one sheet, or to the entire drawing document.

But the simple answer to your question is no.  Prompted entry values are only available in the context of the symbol/table/block where they are defined.  A better way to do it would be to use the drawing iProperties (standard and custom).  Since these are properties of the document itself, they are available on all sheets.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report