Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of a orgin plane box on a cylinder

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Beauand
884 Views, 7 Replies

How to get rid of a orgin plane box on a cylinder

i was wondering how to get rid of the plane box that is created on a cylinder when i am done with it

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: Beauand

Are you talking about workplanes?

Simply turn them off in the Model Browser.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 8
Beauand
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

yeah i mean work planes but the model box has work features but not options to turn off. Im using invetor 2010

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

@Beauand wrote:

yeah i mean work planes but the model box has work features but not options to turn off. Im using invetor 2010

What is this "model box" thing?
Right click on the edge of the workplane (or select in the browser and right click) and uncheck Visibility.  So easy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

When I hear "box" I think 3D.
When I hear "plane" I think 2D or rectangle.

see attached

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey

Might help to attach your ipt file here.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 7 of 8
Beauand
in reply to: JDMather

thats what i have been trying to do but it wont let me select that work plane.  I am not sure why.

Message 8 of 8
JDMather

The most common problem with selecting workplanes that I see beginners have is they try to pick in the middle of the workplane.  A workplane goes out to infinity, the only place it is actually defined is on the very edge - so you must pick the very edge (or select it in the browser tree).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report