Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit bill of materials.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rsagan85
1252 Views, 2 Replies

How to edit bill of materials.

I have created a part that is going to be a bar.  However when I create the drawing for unit QTY I am getting an answer in inches, this is not what I want.  I want to know the quanity that I have for example 2 each.  How do I go about changing this from inches to each?  I have done several searching and still coming up empty for now I have just edited it in the bom on the drawing and put what I want in.  However I am thinking there is a better way to do this. I have also attached a screen shot to hopefully better explain what I am trying to do.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: rsagan85

Go into the BOM for the Assembly, select the Choose Comuns (yellow & white icon with red down arrow), then drag the (Item QTY) to the BOM header.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
mpatchus
in reply to: rsagan85

Open the part and check to make sure the Base Quantity for the part is set to EACH.

Parts that are created from content center (structural steel, pipe, etc.) typically come in as inches for the base quantity.

Base QTY.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report