Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete unused parameters?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sohmoh
8120 Views, 4 Replies

How to delete unused parameters?

I have assymbly wich linked to excel sheet.

I can delete the excel sheet from the assmbly and its parts too, but I can't delete the unused parameters in "List parameters "

And, I can't link a new excel sheet to this assembly, even if I changed the name or made a new one,why?

I use inventor 2012

Thank you

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: sohmoh

"Can't add new excel sheet....", why not?  Does it give an error or what?

For the parameters, as long as the parameters are not used,  you should be able to right click on it in the list and choose "Delete parameter".  Dont select it first, just right click on it.

Message 3 of 5
sohmoh

I got an error msg, that they both of them have the same source or bath.

ButI did wat you learned me, it went perfect, and furthermore, I deleted the used parameters in the assembly and I could delete the whole parameters and link a new one.

Thank you for your time to read my quastion and answer me, you saved my day.

last question please, when I linked the new excel sheet and want to use it in sketch for exemple, and when I want to replace the dimention, I click on "List parameters" and that's just fine, but why I still have the old one's in he list?

Again, many thankx

regards

Sohaib

Message 4 of 5
karthur1

@sohmoh wrote:

last question please, when I linked the new excel sheet and want to use it in sketch for exemple, and when I want to replace the dimention, I click on "List parameters" and that's just fine, but why I still have the old one's in he list?

Again, many thankx

regards

Sohaib

Dont quite follow you there.  To delete the folder, open the parameters dialog, right click on the xls file name and choose "Delete folder".  If some of the parameters that are in this linked file are used in the parameters, that parameter will not be deleted, but it will be moved to the "User Parameters".  The only way to totally get rid of it is to either remove it from the model parameter.

Tip:  to see where a parameter is used, just hoover the pointer above the parmeter name in the dialog. It will show something like "parameter dim1 is consumed by d12".  If it does not show anything, then it is not used and you can right click and delete the parameter. 

If that doesnt help, make a screen shot of what you are seeing and post it here.

Message 5 of 5
sohmoh
in reply to: karthur1

Hi again,

See my screen shot

Skjermbilde.JPG

As you see, in the "parameters window" there is some parameters, let' say one or two, from the previous excel sheet, the one you help me to delete it, so I wondered if I could delete these parameters since I don't use it anymore.

Many thanks to your efforts

Sohaib

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report