Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create angle dimension?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mthomas
9653 Views, 9 Replies

How to create angle dimension?

Is there any way to create the angle dimension shown in the attachment without creating a small line in a sketch first? Thanks Mike
Mike Thomas

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
slphantom
in reply to: mthomas

you could include one of your datum planes in the view and dimension the angle from that.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 3 of 10
harco

If your are putting a bevel on RHS then draft face is handy.

You can then retrieve model dimensions and it will give you the angle dimension you want.

The sketch to create a cut extrusion can also be retrieved.

Message 4 of 10
mthomas
in reply to: harco

So by the responses there is no way to do this directly... ok, i'll try one of the workarounds, thanks

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 5 of 10
IgorMir

That is correct. In this we are facing one more little "advantage" of Inventor over AutoCAD.

Best Regards,

Igor.

mthomas wrote:

So by the responses there is no way to do this directly... ok, i'll try one of the workarounds, thanks

Mike

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 6 of 10
harco

I'm not having a go at you Igor but even in Autocad you would still have to draw and imaginary edge to dimension from, it's just that you don't really notice because you are drawing all the other edges at the same time.

Unless it's possible to make a 3 vertex angle dim using ortho, maybe better keep my gob shut til I try it, apologies if you can.

I used to work on the saw and I know the advantage of that dimension as that is the blade angle setting.

Message 7 of 10
IgorMir

Hi,

Yes, <specify vertex> is what getting the job done. No need for the auxiliary geometry.

Regards,

Igor.

@harco wrote:

Unless it's possible to make a 3 vertex angle dim using ortho, maybe better keep my gob shut til I try it, apologies if you can.

I used to work on the saw and I know the advantage of that dimension as that is the blade angle setting.

Message 8 of 10
harco
in reply to: IgorMir

Yes, DOH !!, just tried 5 minutes ago and was about to edit my post but you beat me to it.

Humble pie for tea tonight then!!

Sorry.

Message 9 of 10
IgorMir

Don't worry about it too much. Have a big cake instead!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
harco
in reply to: IgorMir

Yeah there's Christmas cake calling my name from the cupboard right now.Smiley Wink

Merry Christmas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report