Inventor General

Valued Contributor
InventorInSchool
Message 1 of 17 (391 Views)

How to create a machine that places glue along a path

391 Views, 16 Replies
12-10-2013 01:51 AM

I've been trying to construct a machine that places glue along a path. Check out the animation and you'll understand what I'm saying

Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 2 of 17 (379 Views)

Re: How to create a machine that places glue along a path

12-10-2013 02:36 AM in reply to: InventorInSchool

Hi!

I saw the animation and it's working.

Now what's your problem? What you need?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
Valued Contributor
InventorInSchool
Message 3 of 17 (303 Views)

12-10-2013 09:29 AM in reply to: ccarreiras

Check out the top view as you're playing the animation. You'll see that it doesn't fully follow the path, I want it to adjust heightwise as well  (both X and Y) to make it look as real as possible.

Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 4 of 17 (294 Views)

12-10-2013 09:54 AM in reply to: InventorInSchool

Hi!

I see... so you have to turn the part "Adaptive" to change dimension across the path.

Now, which part do you want to be "adaptive"? all the arm, or only the peak?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
Valued Contributor
InventorInSchool
Message 5 of 17 (283 Views)

12-10-2013 10:12 AM in reply to: ccarreiras

Hey! yeey a quick answer :smileyvery-happy:

Hm.. I'd like the whole arm to be adaptive, but I'm not sure if that will do it.

Valued Contributor
InventorInSchool
Message 6 of 17 (261 Views)

12-10-2013 11:47 AM in reply to: InventorInSchool

I suppose that you somehow have to set work point 5 (rectangular pattern3) "free".

Valued Contributor
InventorInSchool
Message 7 of 17 (192 Views)

12-13-2013 05:09 AM in reply to: InventorInSchool

COME ON! It simply cannot only be one guy that has a hint of a possible solution? :smileysurprised:

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 8 of 17 (187 Views)

12-13-2013 05:32 AM in reply to: InventorInSchool

What animation? I just see an assembly file/associated parts.

Where is the rest of this "glue machine"

Is there a specific constraint we are supposed to drive?

Maybe you should look into transitional constraints.

I find you will always get better responses if you clearly state your question/problems instead of just saying "hey look at this"

Most of us don't have time to try to work through someone elses thought process to extract the information that should have been provided originally. 

Assuming you are a student why don't you ask your teacher? Or has the education system fallen completely apart.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 9 of 17 (173 Views)

12-13-2013 06:48 AM in reply to: InventorInSchool

I took a look at the assembly when you posted it and didn't see enough information to answer the question.

I don't have the assembly any more (I would have to download it again) so I do not have the names of the original parts to reference, but...

As I recall there was a pivoting arm with a nozzle at the end that dispenses the glue.  Is that an accurate description of the intended operation?

I suspected that you also wanted that "pivoting arm" to translate (move in a straight line) to keep the distance of the nozzle constant distance from the target. Is that an accurate description of the intended operation?

But since the problem isn't well described - another option I saw was that the "pivoting arm" not translate an only keep it's current revolution degree of freedom, and instead, the nozzle extend/contract from the "pivoting arm" to maintain constant distance from the target.

So you see, based on the (limited) information given - there are multiple possible solutions to unknown problems.

Do you have a picture or url of a similar machine or additional information on the true design intent?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Valued Contributor
InventorInSchool
Message 10 of 17 (152 Views)

Check this out

12-13-2013 03:41 PM in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate it. I agree, I should have given a more complex description of what I want of my assembly.

First of all, forget that I ever mentioned that this was a glue machine and imagine yourselves that all I want is for bottom end of the arm to follow a certain path meanwhile the other (top end) remains in Its "X direction". I don't know, maybe I'm totally lost, this assembly is afterall created of out the blue without any sort of support from Youtube etc. I've tried using Flexible and Adaptive but none of them have shown any improvements.

Untitled.png

And no, I believe that I'm more experienced than my teacher....which is quite sad.
"Try to look that up on Youtube. You can recieve lots of information there"

However, I hope that this explanation was more helpful.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube