Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a machine that places glue along a path

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
InventorInSchool
826 Views, 16 Replies

How to create a machine that places glue along a path

I've been trying to construct a machine that places glue along a path. Check out the animation and you'll understand what I'm saying

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Hi!

I saw the animation and it's working.

Now what's your problem? What you need?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 17

Check out the top view as you're playing the animation. You'll see that it doesn't fully follow the path, I want it to adjust heightwise as well  (both X and Y) to make it look as real as possible.

Message 4 of 17

Hi!

I see... so you have to turn the part "Adaptive" to change dimension across the path.

Now, which part do you want to be "adaptive"? all the arm, or only the peak?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 5 of 17

Hey! yeey a quick answer Smiley Very Happy

Hm.. I'd like the whole arm to be adaptive, but I'm not sure if that will do it.

Message 6 of 17

I suppose that you somehow have to set work point 5 (rectangular pattern3) "free".

Message 7 of 17

COME ON! It simply cannot only be one guy that has a hint of a possible solution? Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 17
mcgyvr
in reply to: InventorInSchool

What animation? I just see an assembly file/associated parts.

Where is the rest of this "glue machine"

Is there a specific constraint we are supposed to drive?

Maybe you should look into transitional constraints.

I find you will always get better responses if you clearly state your question/problems instead of just saying "hey look at this"

Most of us don't have time to try to work through someone elses thought process to extract the information that should have been provided originally. 

Assuming you are a student why don't you ask your teacher? Or has the education system fallen completely apart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 17
JDMather

I took a look at the assembly when you posted it and didn't see enough information to answer the question.

I don't have the assembly any more (I would have to download it again) so I do not have the names of the original parts to reference, but...

As I recall there was a pivoting arm with a nozzle at the end that dispenses the glue.  Is that an accurate description of the intended operation?

I suspected that you also wanted that "pivoting arm" to translate (move in a straight line) to keep the distance of the nozzle constant distance from the target. Is that an accurate description of the intended operation?

But since the problem isn't well described - another option I saw was that the "pivoting arm" not translate an only keep it's current revolution degree of freedom, and instead, the nozzle extend/contract from the "pivoting arm" to maintain constant distance from the target.

So you see, based on the (limited) information given - there are multiple possible solutions to unknown problems.

Do you have a picture or url of a similar machine or additional information on the true design intent?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 17
InventorInSchool
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate it. I agree, I should have given a more complex description of what I want of my assembly.

First of all, forget that I ever mentioned that this was a glue machine and imagine yourselves that all I want is for bottom end of the arm to follow a certain path meanwhile the other (top end) remains in Its "X direction". I don't know, maybe I'm totally lost, this assembly is afterall created of out the blue without any sort of support from Youtube etc. I've tried using Flexible and Adaptive but none of them have shown any improvements.

Untitled.png

And no, I believe that I'm more experienced than my teacher....which is quite sad.
"Try to look that up on Youtube. You can recieve lots of information there"

However, I hope that this explanation was more helpful.

Message 11 of 17

Message 12 of 17

anyone?

Message 13 of 17

Message 14 of 17

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ASSEMBLY ABOVE AND COMPARE TO THIS ONE!!!! 

Questions:

1. Why does an animation with transitional contraints sometimes only work for let's say three times and then you have to reset the dimensions to be able to run it again? This thing pops up "Model has failed to update for the current time. Please correct the animation definition."

2. I have, as you can see, created a cylinder that has a transitional contraint with the path. I want it to be mated/flushed with the arm so that I can change the distance between them as they still are moving along the same path.  This is of course only doable if you have an assembly and have so far only figured out how to animate solids along the same path with.

3. Is it possible to hide a solid during an animation?

Message 15 of 17
blair

You have answered you question in the last post, with the phrase "this is doeable in a assembly". If you want items to articulate and move then you should be working in the Assembly mode.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 17
InventorInSchool
in reply to: blair

Yeah, but how?  I can't make it work....

Message 17 of 17
blair

This should help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SC-f-4vzW0&list=PLL1op8rgVroKqTlZR0l1lYleDcpEvBgvR

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report