Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy and paste sketch in same plane

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
linuskotte
1390 Views, 3 Replies

How to copy and paste sketch in same plane

Hi all

I have big problem 

i have a one rectangular block(Control cabinet) it consists of around 100 sub rectangular blocks here problem is in my part user wants few blocks in different dimensions and different positions some time. So I created one sketch in my sketch plane then user wants more features on rectangular block then I want automatically copy and paste on same plane same sketch and same time automatically asking for dimensions(positional, length and width).

It's possible?

Thanks in advance..

Thanks and Regards

LINUS KOTTE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: linuskotte

hi,

i am not 100% sure i understand but if i am right & depending on where you are up to in your design process it may not be a big problem.

- if you want it to prompt you for sizes then you can setup an iFeature or iPart depending on what you need at the end of the day.

so if you have already drawn your good shape, you can export that as an iFeature and just add it as many times as you like in any of the drawings that you or your fellow designers are working in.

see the help and how to training resources in inventor for more info, or if you need a bit more support please ask after you have had a look at the topic a little bit.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: linuskotte

Can you post screen shot?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
linuskotte
in reply to: JDMather

Hi all

Here I attached my model view it's just for reference here iam using rectangular pattern and simple ilogic code .Using rectangular pattern we will get all same sizes of boxes but i want to change different different sizes and positions. my idea is without using pattern just draw one rectangular through parameter. Select no. of compartments automatically copy and paste that rectangular in same sketch plane and ask sizes and positions dimensions.

It's possible through ilogic?

In my panel bar options are:

Hight of panel- Hight of panel

width1- Width of panel

Depth1-Depth of panel

com1- no.of Compartments

hIN- No.of Hinges

Please Help me

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards

Linus kotte

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report