Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the section direction

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Karol-Or
8560 Views, 4 Replies

How to change the section direction

In an assembly, i make a half section view, but i want the other side to be seen.

I want only to change the direction of the view, how can i do that?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Karol-Or

Redefine the section view and while you have the "pull" arrow on the screen, right click and select "Flip Direction".  Looks like once the view is created, redefining it is the only way to flip the direction.  Unless someone else sees something I don't?

Message 3 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Karol-Or

The side cut away is always the side closest to that you are viewing it from. Try it out for yourself based on the same plane. Rotate your assy between sectiosn and see that the above is correct.

Interestilgly if you view the assy from the side of the plane (so the plane is just a thin lin), regardless of why way the model is orientated it always cuts away the same side. Interesting, but largely useless info Smiley Happy

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 4 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Note to self :- must read typing before posting to limit how much of a tool I am. Spelling and punctuation, my english teacher will be turning in her grave. Smiley Frustrated

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 5
EgraphNo1
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Right click the section line itself and select "Reverse Direction".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report