Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assemble a manufactured pipe nozzle

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
A_G_M
548 Views, 2 Replies

How to assemble a manufactured pipe nozzle

Hi

I am struggling with a relatively simple exercise in inventor. I would like to assemble two pipe segments intersecting one another to form a pressure part nozzle, as shown below:Nozzel Assembly

I cannot seem to find a relatively easy method of doing this. I've tried pipe & tube routing but it doesn't seem to have this functionality. Apart from actually modeling the nozzle to have the contour shown above, how would one achieve this easily?

Pipe & tube routing allows one to align these two segments of pipe, but it doesn't contour the nozzle pipe segment to the circumference of the pressure part segment.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

AGM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PhilSaw
in reply to: A_G_M

Providing that the hole in the main body you wish to align the pipe to has been created properly, you should be able to mate the axes together - hole axis and stub pipe body axis. You should also be able to mate the perpendicular axes as well - mate the arc cut (will automatically select an imaginary axis) on the stub pipe to the cylinder axis of the larger component body.

You may also want to place a directional or angular constraint to set the position correctly, but only do this if you don't get the desired outcome.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Intel(R) Core(TM i7-2600 CPU, Quadro 2000 graphics card, 8G RAM
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: PhilSaw

You might also need workpoints created at the apparent intersection of the pipe surface and axis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report