Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to align the model view parallel to the axes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Karol-Or
2173 Views, 2 Replies

How to align the model view parallel to the axes

My part is at an arbitrary angle reliteve to one of the planes and i cannot align the view in a drawing to be horizontal.

I try to make a view, in the part file, in which the model will be horizontal, but there isn't any precise input for views.

Also, the angle isn't precise.

I used the Look At tool to look at one face and all i need now is to rotate the view 90 degrees round one axis, but when i touch the line of the compass in the Constrained Orbit command the view jumps back to some position.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Karol-Or

@Karol-Or wrote:

My part is at an arbitrary angle reliteve to one of the planes and i cannot align the view in a drawing to be horizontal.

I try to make a view, in the part file, in which the model will be horizontal, but there isn't any precise input for views.

Also, the angle isn't precise.

I used the Look At tool to look at one face and all i need now is to rotate the view 90 degrees round one axis, but when i touch the line of the compass in the Constrained Orbit command the view jumps back to some position.

When placing your view have you tried using the "Change View" button on the view dialog box?

view.JPG

If this doesn't help, try posting your part here, or a screen shot of it so we can offer some better advice.

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: cbenner

You could also set the Home and or Front View in the Model. Select the face of the part you wish to be front, RMB on the "Front" of the view icon (upper RH corner) and make this your "Front" view. The drawing placement will honor this setting for view creation as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report