Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
Vlad.Makarov
Message 1 of 5 (355 Views)
Accepted Solution

How many toolbars do I need?

355 Views, 4 Replies
07-27-2011 11:54 PM
Is there a reason for having a mini-toolbar & a large toolbar on the screen? Is there a reason I can't turn off the mini-toolbar?
dave.anderson
Message 2 of 5 (300 Views)

Re: How many toolbars do I need?

08-01-2011 07:50 AM in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

In some cases, the mini-toolbar does not offer all the options that the full dialog does. This is why you'll see both interfaces currently.

Here's a link to a post the Inventor Support blog that outlines how you can control the full dialog with an Environment variable:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/06/inventor-2012-expand-dialogs.html

I hope this helps.

Dave Anderson
Premium Support Analyst – DLS Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

If I have answered your question, please "Accept Solution" so others may benefit as well.
Vlad.Makarov
Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

08-01-2011 09:25 AM in reply to: dave.anderson

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the info. You are right about it being incomplete. This is very irritating & makes me wonder why the devs would implement something that is incomplete. I can't use the mini because it is missing info so what is the point of it being there.

mcgyvr
Message 4 of 5 (282 Views)

08-01-2011 09:36 AM in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

Vlad.Makarov wrote:

Hello Dave,

This is very irritating & makes me wonder why the devs would implement something that is incomplete.

Autodesk loves to do that crap... Rush it to market half assed is the Autodesk way...I can't believe they still have dual dialogs in 2012 though.. I thought someone would have fixed that by now. I complained in beta (2010?) when they first did it and complain everyday I use inventor.. There are MANY times each day where having 2 dialogs causes me to have to do multiple clicks and write number multiple times because Inventor looses focus on one dialog box or the other.. Its total BULLSHI*.

I seriously can't believe a simple check box hasn't been incorporated into the application options to disable the new dialogs.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

Vlad.Makarov
Message 5 of 5 (278 Views)

08-01-2011 09:55 AM in reply to: mcgyvr

mcgyvr wrote:

I complained in beta (2010?) when they first did it and complain everyday I use inventor.. There are MANY times each day where having 2 dialogs causes me to have to do multiple clicks and write number multiple times because Inventor looses focus on one dialog box or the other..

I wonder what is the point of having beta testers if they aren't going to listen to them? I see new features that are just remakes of existing features & don't fix a problem. It is very frustrating.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube