Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many toolbars do I need?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Vlad.Makarov
658 Views, 4 Replies

How many toolbars do I need?

Is there a reason for having a mini-toolbar & a large toolbar on the screen? Is there a reason I can't turn off the mini-toolbar?
Message 2 of 5

In some cases, the mini-toolbar does not offer all the options that the full dialog does. This is why you'll see both interfaces currently.

Here's a link to a post the Inventor Support blog that outlines how you can control the full dialog with an Environment variable:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/06/inventor-2012-expand-dialogs.html

I hope this helps.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the info. You are right about it being incomplete. This is very irritating & makes me wonder why the devs would implement something that is incomplete. I can't use the mini because it is missing info so what is the point of it being there.

mcgyvr
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

@Vlad.Makarov wrote:

Hello Dave,

This is very irritating & makes me wonder why the devs would implement something that is incomplete.

Autodesk loves to do that crap... Rush it to market half assed is the Autodesk way...I can't believe they still have dual dialogs in 2012 though.. I thought someone would have fixed that by now. I complained in beta (2010?) when they first did it and complain everyday I use inventor.. There are MANY times each day where having 2 dialogs causes me to have to do multiple clicks and write number multiple times because Inventor looses focus on one dialog box or the other.. Its total BULLSHI*.

I seriously can't believe a simple check box hasn't been incorporated into the application options to disable the new dialogs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

I complained in beta (2010?) when they first did it and complain everyday I use inventor.. There are MANY times each day where having 2 dialogs causes me to have to do multiple clicks and write number multiple times because Inventor looses focus on one dialog box or the other..

I wonder what is the point of having beta testers if they aren't going to listen to them? I see new features that are just remakes of existing features & don't fix a problem. It is very frustrating.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report