Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you word wrap leader text?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Vitornis
3172 Views, 6 Replies

very simple,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Vitornis
Message 3 of 7
Vitornis

Well I meant something more intuitive like word wrap for you based on a certain text box width. Espically for text that is link to a property from my model. Hell any other text editor will autowrap for you when you get to the edge of the page.
Message 4 of 7
dick_upton

Replying in case someone else has a good answer . . .  (I don't . . .)

Message 5 of 7

Hi Vitornis, 

I think you need to create a sketch, sketched symbol, or something similar and use the Text tool within that environment before you can use the Text Box option. For some reason the standard drawing text tool and leader text tools both lack the ability to define a text box.

Within a sketch you can use the Text Box button in the text editor, or right-click on the text and choose Text Box. Then you can define the length of the text box with a dimension or just click and drag a corner to eyeball it.

Autodesk Inventor Text Box Wrap.png

If you have this need often, it's probably worth creating a sketched symbol to use, and just include a leader when placing it.

Adding the Text Box option to the standard drawing text tool  would probably make a good feedback request:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/feature-request-for-inventor.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 7

This helped me Curtis. Thank you for contributing.

Message 7 of 7
Vitornis

Ooo never really thought about using a sketch symbol. Can't wait to try this thanks for the suggestion!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report