Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export BOM to an excel spreadsheet?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
NickHorton8970
13038 Views, 4 Replies

How do I export BOM to an excel spreadsheet?

I am trying to export some data from my BOM. I require the part names, quantities and lengths. I have followed a previous topic in these discussions which is now closed. it seems simple to follow but requires me to click on the export BOM icon in the top left of the browser. In my instance this is greyed out. Does anyone know of a reason why this would be?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: NickHorton8970

Activate on the of other tabs, Stuctured or Parts and you will be able to export. I do a sort by part number and renumber before I export.

Also great software is BOMxTractor from: www.cbliss.com/icode  you need navigate to the Inventor section (it'sfree).

You don't need to open IV,just need access to the IAM files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
NickHorton8970
in reply to: blair

No luck 1. It is still greyed out 2. The model window is also blank. I'll try the other suggestion. Thanks Managing Director Pacegrade Limited Unit 1 Providence Street Lye West Midlands DY9 8HL Tel: 01384 422246 Fax: 01384 895041.
Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: NickHorton8970

You do need to select the tab, then RMB on the tab to bring up the Enable/Dis-Able box. Then select the "Enable" and you should be able to export.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Raider_71
in reply to: blair

Hi you could try BOM Tools for Inventor. It can export the Inventor BOM Part parameters, Properties and thumbnail images to Excel.

http://www.mgfx.co.za/tools-for-inventor.htm

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report