Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create an iproperty with a pull down menu?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1446 Views, 3 Replies

How do I create an iproperty with a pull down menu?

I want to create an iproperty that has a pull down menu where I can make a selection. Can this be done? Can I import this data from a txt, csv, xml file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: Anonymous

Quick answer is "yes" to all the above.

For the iProperty question, you can do all this with things like multi-value parameters (and maybe a little bit of iLogic).

For the import data, depending on what you are trying to do, you can do all of what you ask quite easily.

If you are looking for a more specific answer, perhaps you can refine your question a bit - give a specific example of what you are trying to do (and why) and someone may be able to elaborate on what I've said already.
Peter
Message 3 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: Anonymous

I did not make it with a external file but if you need it that way let me know I can change it to an excel file. Longer code but can be done that way.

This way I just used ilogic and parameters. This drop down controls the description in iProperties.

Part is attached for you to look at.

ilogic.JPG

Drop.JPG

Message 4 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

Oh to get to the list you can do it through the parameters.

But in this I made a form in the ilogic browser just click on form  Drop Down List and it will pop up.

form.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report