Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I draw this goove

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
1336 Views, 9 Replies

How can I draw this goove

Anybody can show me how to draw this groove from blueprint please.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: 097013309

Looks like a Revolve - Cut to me.

You attached an iam (assembly file).

That drawing looks like it should be an ipt (part file).

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
in reply to: JDMather

In the process I probably open it in the assembly and save it as assembly file ( *.iam) and lost my part file ( *.ipt) can this  be revers?

Can you elaborate about in little more then (Revolve-Cut) so I can draw it please.

Message 4 of 10
Pauli666

You dont say what version you are running, here is revolve & extrude example (Can be accomplished in more ways i am sure) using IV2013

Message 5 of 10
JDMather

@097013309 wrote:

In the process I probably open it in the assembly and save it as assembly file ( *.iam) and lost my part file ( *.ipt) can this  be revers?

Can you elaborate about in little more then (Revolve-Cut) so I can draw it please.

You cannot save a part file as an assembly file.

Your part file name is Hinge_Mount.MCNEIL.IPT search your hard drive.

I recommed that you first learn how to set up a project file (*.ipj)
I recommend that you put this aside for a while and go through these

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/p/inventor-tutorials.html
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu?adskContextId=HELP_TUTORIALS&language=ENU&release=2014&product=Inve...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
in reply to: Pauli666

I am running Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 Student version.

I can't open your file. When I click on attachment Inventor opening it ,but nothing on the screen or browser.

Thank you for answer.

Message 7 of 10

Ok. I find my file  and I am attachung itI stiil need advice how to do this groove. Do I should make costruction plane firs? I need surface to put drawing on it ? How I can "go Inside hole" to be able to draw it?

Message 8 of 10

I find file on the stick. I am attaching it but still need some help. Just tell me seps please.

Message 9 of 10
conklinjm

Unfortunately I have an older version of Inventor and cannot open your part; however, I shall try and answer your question.

Yes, depending on how you created the original sketch, you may need to create a construction axis and work plane to create the revolution.

If the original sketch was on the XY plane and the large bore centered at 0,0, you could sketch on the YZ plane.  One method is  ...

1) Create a new sketch on the YZ plane

2) Project the Z-axis

3) Draw beneath it a parallel centerline

4) Dimension between these two lines (i.e. 4.0 in)

5) Sketch the revolution (should take ten lines -- X.XX x 0.125 / 1.130 x 0.056 / X.XX x Y.YY / 0.933 x 0.125 bore)

6) Apply three diameter dimensions using the centerline (i.e. X.XX, 1.130 & 0.933)

7) Apply collinear constraint between the two X.XX line segments

😎 Apply three length dimensions (i.e. 0.125, 0.056 & 0.125)

9) Project either the top / bottom edge of the raw material or the two ends of the larger circular bore

10) Constrain the two ends of the revolution to either the end points of the projected edge (line to point) or the two circular projections (collinear lines);  Note that the length Y.YY is not needed to be dimensioned as the bore will automatically adjust to the width of the raw material due to these projected elements & constraints

11) Finish Sketch

12) Revolve using the cut option

13) Choose a circular Array

14) Pick the Revolution as the 'Feature'

15) Pick the Z-axis as the 'Axis'

16) Set the number to 3, the angle to 60 and the style to dual-direction

HTH

- - - - - - -

Not sure from where the drawing you are using came but, to completely recreate it, you require more information as many dimensions are missing (such as the size of the bore shown as X.XX above).

Message 10 of 10
JDMather

Open the attached file.

Find the red End of Part marker in the feature browser.

Drag the red EOP marker down feature-by-feature and examine how they were created.

The Revolve feature is one technique.

You should place the origin for the part at the same location as the origin for the ordinate dimensions.

Note that my part sketches are fully defined.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report