Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I do a clean uninstall of Inventor 2015?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rickduley
2635 Views, 8 Replies

How can I do a clean uninstall of Inventor 2015?

I need to uninstall my copy of Inventor 2015 Student Download Edition and to reinstall it with on-disc Content Centre Libraries.  This prospect fills me with terror since I have memories of trying to uninstall Inventor 2014 for similar reasons.  Control Panel --> Uninstall left traces of 2104 all over my C-drive (I am still finding them, and I could not reinstall.  I don't want that happening again in the middle of trying to learn the package.

After many days of communication in this forum someone sent me a link to a cleaner application which was to remove 2014 completely and permit the re-install.  Is there a similar application for 2015, and where is it?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
admaiora
in reply to: rickduley

Hi Rick,

Menù Start > Unistall Tool

e.jpg

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 9
rickduley
in reply to: admaiora

Nice try, and thanks for that, but there is a problem.  Smiley Frustrated

Control Panel --> Uninstall calls the Autodesk Uninstall Tool.  It was that tool that caused the trouble last time.  Autodesk have some fix for that problem in Inventor 2014.  What I need is the fix for the problem in Inventor 2015.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 9
rickduley
in reply to: rickduley

In the end I did not have to do an uninstall, so the problem did not arise.

As to an answer to the original question, I do not have one.  All I know is that I had problems uninstalling Inventor 2014 and so am wary of uninstalling Inventor 2015.

It is sad that Autodesk does not have some means of direct customer access.  If it did I would have asked Autodesk instead of the community.

Thanks again admaiora.  All assistance is always appreciated.

Message 5 of 9
ShaneIzzo
in reply to: admaiora

I too am having the same or similar problem as Rick. When I go to the uninstall tool I don't see Inventor on there but when I try to reinstall, I get a message that says, "A Newer Version of this Software is Already Running". Well I havent found any additional traces of the software to fix this. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Message 6 of 9
DannyHubbard
in reply to: ShaneIzzo

Looks like the install is hanging on the BIM 360 tool for Revit. If you have already uninstalled it from the Uninstall tool or Control Panel but the problem persists. The best thing is to use the Microsoft Fix it utility to remove what ever is left of the uninstalled application, http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
ShaneIzzo
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Thanks a bunch for the attempt, but the trouble shooter can not find the software in either mode (Install or Uninstall) therefore cannot help. Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 9
DannyHubbard
in reply to: ShaneIzzo

If the Fix it utility isn't finding the BIM 360 Add-in for Revit to uninstall then, I would run the Fix it again and use the Uninstall option and look for a blank line. Occassionally for what ever reason the utility won't pick up the name of the problem app but will show a line or entery that is blank, you can select this blank entry then continue the uninstall.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
ShaneIzzo
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Nothing.... No missing empty lines, it simply doesnt exist anywhere anymore. Yet when I try to install I still get this message that I have a newer version running. HELP!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report