Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I convert Proxy Entities from MDT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jpblower
640 Views, 2 Replies

How can I convert Proxy Entities from MDT

I have an old MDT file that I need to import into IV.  In a previous thread I was told we needed an old version of MDT 2009.  We got that installed but

A. When I open the files in ACAD I still get Proxy Entities for all of the old surfaces

B. When I try to import in IV Inventor sends an error saying I need to open MDT at least once (I've done that several times by the way)

C.  The File migration utility doesn't give me anything different.

D.  MDT looks nothing like I remember it and while the screen shows Mechanical Desktop (not ACAD mechanical) the id on the top of the screen reads ACAD 2009 and opens in the assy environment.

Does anyone know what's happening and what to do?  I just need the surfaces, everything else imports just fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: jpblower

Which version of MDT 2009 are you using?  I know it sounds like a crazy question, as 2009 is 2009, but I don't think the original MDT2009 works with Inventor 2010 or newer.  From memory, I think you need an updated version from the subscription centre (also called 2009, helpfully) which has the bits and bobs required to integrate with Inventor.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 3
Barry1Lau
in reply to: sam_m

It sure would help if there was a stub version of MDT 2009 that could be installed for migration purposes that worked.  I had a temp license for MDT 2009 and ran some migrations to Inventor 2012.  The geometry came thru okay but the sketch dimensions were some long expresion starting with "MDT" rather than the simple number value that you would expect.  I have thousands of model files that I still need to migrate but there was no point if the new Inventor file was garbage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report