Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Activate MDT 2009, with inventor 2012 premium keys ?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
iErdogan
5005 Views, 10 Replies

How can Activate MDT 2009, with inventor 2012 premium keys ?

I installed Autodesk inventor 2012 Premium (design Pack) original, and there are a lot of MDT files came from other factory and I want to use them with Mechanical Desktop 2009. I downloaded MDT 2009 from autodesk's site, but I couldn't ACTIVATE the program. How can activate MDT 2009 or can I activate MDT 2009, legally......

and can JDMather reply me... I can't sent him private message.....

Thanks for all...

.:Erdogan I:.
Autodesk inventor 2018,Windows 10 x64,500 ssd harddisk,Intel core i7 Cpu @3.2 GHz,
16 GB Ram, nVidia Quadro 2000 D Graphics (still) Card
Paylaşmak Güzeldir.(in Turkish), Sharing is beautiful.(in English)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: iErdogan

I don't think you should need to activate - it should run under your Inventor license AFAIK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
iErdogan
in reply to: JDMather

Spoiler

I wait for a month,

if it continiue to work, ther is no Problem..

Thanks...

Autodesk inventor 2018,Windows 10 x64,500 ssd harddisk,Intel core i7 Cpu @3.2 GHz,
Message 4 of 11
JDMather

Don't wait.
Are you getting 30-day Trial/Activate splash screen when starting MDT?
If you go to Help>.....Mechanical Desktop>Product Information - what does it say the License Expiration Date is?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 11
iErdogan
in reply to: JDMather

I tried to enter inventor 2012's key but MDT 2009 wants request code, I think I made a mistake; key is correct but Imustn't

enter by hand. Now I can't enter a key or it doesnt ask for internet activation, I use like that.....

I'm  getting 30-day Trial/Activate splash screen when starting MDT.

Activate Product

Run Product

top of them

23 days remained

thanks for your efforts,

Message 6 of 11
sam_m

MDT is 2009, so needs to be activated with the Inventor 2009 suite serial, which is different from your 2012 serial.

You have to goto your subscription website and request an old version serial for the 2009 suite - use this serial to unlock MDT.

yes, it's a real mess...  and yes, when they stop allowing us to get 2009 serial numbers (next year?) everything will go v v bad.  Why they can't incorporate the MDT translator into Inventor to prevent the need to install MDT at all is beyond me (and something that should have been done a LONG time ago).

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 7 of 11
iErdogan
in reply to: sam_m

I'll try,

thanks for all, Sam

Message 8 of 11
iErdogan

I can't do activation, I enter inventor 2012 key(design suite premium pack) for MDT 2009, it wants request code, Ienter request code, it says" your request code is wrong" (subscribe, registry in Autodesk website) All right, its 2012's key not MDT 2009's key. So I Can't do activation. How I will solve I don't know! 😞

Message 9 of 11
ampster401

you might have better luck over in the "Installation and Licensing" forum;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Message 10 of 11
sam_m

@iErdogan wrote:
I can't do activation, I enter inventor 2012 key(design suite premium pack) for MDT 2009, it wants request code, Ienter request code, it says" your request code is wrong" (subscribe, registry in Autodesk website) All right, its 2012's key not MDT 2009's key. So I Can't do activation. How I will solve I don't know! 😞

As I posted before, the Inventor 2012 code will not work, you NEED an Inventor 2009 code.  I had a similar problem when I was trying to use a 2011 code to activate it, I emailed Autodesk and this was the reply:

"Please note that you are required to submit your previous version serial number request online via Subscription Center. As the installed version is 2009, we would need to issue a serial number for this version first.  Once you have received the serial number, please try again and if the online activation would fail we can manually generate the activation code. Please follow the below information in order to submit your previous version request.

In order to activate the requested product version, please login to Subscription Center to request a serial number of the version that you require.

Please note that only Contract Manager and Software Coordinator are able to apply for the Previous Version Serial Number.

- Login to Subscription Center

- Click Subscription Administration

- Click Request Previous Version

- Select Deployment

- Complete Previous Version Request Form and submit it

Thank you for contacting Autodesk."

So, goto http://subscription.autodesk.com/ and request a previous version of Inventor (asking for 2009) to get a 2009 serial, which you then use to unlock MDT 2009...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 11 of 11
iErdogan

ok, I have no subscription, and so I couldn't activate. I need to to have subscription for previous version activation.

Thanks for all of you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report