Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkey for Next Option in Frame Generator Features

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ben_neb43
378 Views, 3 Replies

Hotkey for Next Option in Frame Generator Features

Hi everyone,

Problem

Using features like frame generator's "trim/extend"; I find it's very repetitive to be constantly going back and forth between the frame assembly and the selection menu.

Solution? 

I was wondering if there a hotkey, or is it possible to make a hotkey that toggles between the two selection options?

Change Button 1.JPG

This would allow you to focus on modelling rather than mousing over to change between "face" and "member" selection options.

This could also be useful for many other inventor features too.

Cheers,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BLHDrafting
in reply to: ben_neb43

Hi Ben.

I don;t think there is any hotkey that will do what you want. FYI I think the reason for having to do 2 operations  of select Member/s and then select Face is because you can select multiple Members to trim to the 1 Face. If it was changed to pick 1 Member then 1 Face you would be doing a lot me selecting and Applying.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 4
jeanchile
in reply to: ben_neb43

I don't know of a hotkey either but if you right click the options are available to you. It saves you going back to the dialog box anyway.
Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 4
ben_neb43
in reply to: jeanchile

Thankyou both for your replies.

I was unaware of the right-click option jeanchile, that will work just nicely for now.

Cheers,

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report