Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Keys Missing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RobJV
391 Views, 3 Replies

Hot Keys Missing

Hi,

I have been losing my hotkeys for the last few releases.  I typically go into customize and reset and then they magically appear.  I am on 2013 and Win 7 and for the first time that is not bringing them back.  This is very frustrating.  I have restarted Inventor with no luck.  I will try rebooting but I am kind of sick of this bug.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: RobJV

I had the issue with 2012, but now on 2013, I dont have that issue. That was one reason that I skipped 2012 totally.  I have several keys customized so I would know it pretty quick if the customization didn't load.

I would try resetting the keys exit Inventor. Go back into Inventor and import the customization.

Message 3 of 4
RobJV
in reply to: karthur1

Tried rerunning Inventor and rebooting.  When resetting, I see the hotkeys but common ones like "D" for dimension (in sketch environment) do not appear.  I know I can go in and add a "D" but are these defaults not stored somewhere?

Message 4 of 4
RobJV
in reply to: RobJV

This is a constant annoyance that continues even after importing keyboard shortcuts xml files.  For some reason, I cannot even enter a shortcut for "Dimension".  It simply does not appear as one of the command names when I am in the keyboard shortcut customization dialog boxes.  It is really annoying to now always have to click on the dimension button as opposed to using "D" on the keyboard.

Any other solutions?

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report