Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hose Fitting Authoring

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
TNTall
691 Views, 8 Replies

Hose Fitting Authoring

Hello,

I downloaded a hose fitting ipt file from the Parker website and did the Tube and Pipe Authoring thing to put it into the content center as a new family in a new read/write library. When I browse for it to use as the Start Fitting on my hose, the new family does not appear in the list. What is my problem?

The new library is checked in my Projects configuration. I have been monkeying with the NS column of the family and can't seem to get it back to its original format now.

Thanks,

Greg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mflayler2
in reply to: TNTall

What Category did you place it into when you Published it to Content Center?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 9
TNTall
in reply to: mflayler2

Hose fittings

Message 4 of 9
cwhetten

Post the file and I will take a look.

Message 5 of 9
mflayler2

Well thats the right category.

Can you attach your authored hose fitting?  I'll try and add it to my library to see what if I can locate it in the Styles Editor.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 9
TNTall
in reply to: mflayler2

The file is attached.

I modified the model after downloading from Parker to represent crimped state and to reduce some unneeded detail.

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 9
cwhetten

I looked at your part.  When I published it to my CC, it did not show up when trying to select a fitting for my tube style.  The first thing I tried was to change the Nominal Size in the authoring window.  I removed the inches symbol ( " ) and republished it.  That seems to have done the trick.  See the image below.

Fitting Authoring.png

So, after editing the Nominal Size, it just reads 1/2.  Be sure to do this for both connections.

Try this on your end.

Message 8 of 9
mflayler2

I can verify this as well.  Usually I create a parameter and link that in through an iPart.  I does appear that this was typed in and no parameter exists that references it.

Message 9 of 9
TNTall
in reply to: cwhetten

Thank you very much! I knew it was hidden somewhere. Now I just need to fix the engagement settings.

GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums