Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopefully An Easy Sheet Metal Question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JDButcher
607 Views, 4 Replies

Hopefully An Easy Sheet Metal Question

I am currently working on my first large sheet metal project using inventor 2013.  I have been able to make brackets and other small pieces without to much trouble but I have moved on to making a cube like enclosure with no top.  It is suppose to be a 12" base with three sides coming up at 90* angles to make most of the cube.  The fourth face is at 70 degrees instead of 90 which leaves two large triangular gaps on the two faces that would connect to the slanted face. (See picture)

Enclosure Help.jpg

My Question is what is the "correct" way to fill these gaps.  I have made this look right visually by making a sketch of the missing area using the project geometry command and then making that sketch into another face of the part. Im almost sure that there has to be a cleaner and more professional way to do this.  Any help or solutions woluld be greatly appreciated.  I have also attached the .ipt part to show my work.

Thanks

James

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jddrinkwater
in reply to: JDButcher

There is indeed, use a 'Corner Seam'.  It will automatically fill in the gap.

John

Message 3 of 5

Hi JDButcher,

You can use the Corner Seam tool to do this.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Corner Seam Sheet Metal Gap.png

Message 4 of 5

Thanks to both of you.. That solution worked like a champ.  I figured that there was a easy way to do it, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Message 5 of 5
jdavis417
in reply to: JDButcher

If you're going to be using the Sheet Metal module often, you might want to check out Seth Hindman's Autodesk University class (from 2008 or 2009).  Surface... Split... Thicken... (thanks Seth)!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report