Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole table not updated the hole sizes.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
VitaliHoerbiger
1134 Views, 5 Replies

Hole table not updated the hole sizes.

i have created an idw file of a plate with a hole table in it. i have then changed some of the holes to different sizes.

when i went to the hole table it had not  updated the hole sizes.

------------------------Few Hours later.

If I click on the section view with the hole table Letters, and click update it will update the holes sizes.
It must be correct view.
Is there a way to do it automatically? (During load/save/close/creating PDF)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello Vitali,

could you attach the ipt and idw file (complete dataset). Normally it should update automatically.

Thanks,

Jozef

Message 3 of 6

Hello Jozef,
I can't attache IDW to this post, I used reply and will send you e-mail with these two files.

I am using Inventor Professional 2012 64-bit Edition SP2  with all latest updates.

Message 4 of 6

I've looked at the dataset you sent me. Seems that ipt file does not identify itself as updated so the idw won't automatically update. However if I change the diameter of the hole it updates automatically. I have tried several workflows trying to get idw not updating but no luck.

I'd like you to try to describe exact steps what edits and how you did in the ipt. Best would be also to send me the ipt saved prior edits.

-Jozef

Message 5 of 6

Jozef,

Thank for looking at this problem.

Changing the diameter of the hole, and updating the drawing is not a problem. View and Dimention on the view updating with out prolem.

Problem with hole table "Description" column is showing old information, and it will show it until I manually update the view with the holes letters.

See images

Message 6 of 6

You quite misunderstood my last post. I see the problem described by you. What I did is check wheter it is a permanent problem in the given datased. However i found the IDW updates automatically if any changes are made to the IPT. It means that link between the two works well.

Problem is the state in which you have saved it and sent to me. Seems that you made changes in the IPT by a specific worflow (we need to determine) and Inventor did not set "flag" saying it is out of date for it. As the result the IDW won't update as it "thinks" there are no changes in the IPT.

So I want to find how you get the IPT in that state. Thus I asked for steps (edits description) that has been made. Obviously you changed the diameter of the holes. I need to know how exactly. Just assigned defined user parameter? Or changed value of already assigned user parameter. Recreating the hole from scratch? Else? More details the better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report